Aspiration was one of the first lifestyle expos that we covered for the blog. The decor was vibrant and there were a lot of stalls selling some amazing apparel and accessories. I could not resist the temptation and did buy some chic accessories. This year’s expo had an even elaborate decor and a wide variety of participating shops, though most of the stuff was all about the bling with ornamentation and embellishments. Since there is no wedding that i have been invited to in near future, i did not buy anything thankfully 😉
Jaipur’s social calendar is jam-packed with numerous events like – literature festival, handicrafts expo, art and craft fairs, and a plethora of exhibitions spanning across various subjects. Aspiration is one such fashion & lifestyle exhibition held every year at the SMS Convention Centre , which is a spacious and beautiful venue with a regal aura.
An exhibition is in many ways a series of conversations. Between the artist and viewer, curator and viewer, and between the works of art themselves. It clicks when an exhibition feels like it has answered some questions, and raised even more.
This was the first time that I got a chance to attend Aspiration, and I didn’t have much idea about what to expect. But it truly was beyond expectations and I did get to see some really creative stuff. There were stalls selling tribal silver jewellery, hair accessories, pearl ornaments, quirky mojris and my most favourite thing- some absolutely chic bags.
The only sad part is that they do not allow you to click pictures of the stalls, which I really wanted to. Nevertheless, I have created this post to apprise you about all the fun stuff I purchased.
1. There was a stall selling an eclectic mix of hair accessories, which were studded with Swarovski crystals, pearls, beads and other semi precious stones. These were made by NIFT/NID students as part of their projects and one could clearly sense the handmade charm in them.
2. This cute clutch-keychain will be a perfect adornment for all my handbags. It so aptly represents my obsession with bags 😉
3. We have already done a blogpost on the emerging trend of scarf jewellery and how it creatively combines the functionality of a dupatta and a neckpiece. I bought two scarf neckpieces- blue and white, wanted one in black too but it was sold out.
4. Loved the peacock ornamented on the clutch. Beige colour and mirror work make this clutch a versatile piece which can be carried with a saree or even with a maxi dress.
5. Got these 2 handcrafted envelopes from a stall selling handmade gift-packing material. These were the last two pieces left, I decide to buy both as I am going to use one of them as an envelope-clutch 🙂
6. Last but not the least- This box clutch/sling bag with a refreshing print. I was planning to buy a box clutch from long and this was exactly what I was looking for. I can’t wait to use it 🙂
A crafters blessing- Fabric inspires me. Ribbon makes me smile. Spray paint is a necessity.
Hope you liked the things I bought, do try to visit Aspiration next year. And as usual, keep following us on Facebook and Instagram 🙂